created Apr 24, 2013
updated Aug 08, 2016
The Department of Health requires nursing homes to complete electronic filing of each facility's licensed nursing home beds and availability by bed category on a weekly basis. All nursing homes are requested to submit their Weekly Bed Census between Wednesday and Friday of each week, based on the census at 12:00 AM on Wednesday night.
The Nursing Home Census- Historic data is the most comprehensive nursing home data available and is suitable for trending.
Available Bed and Occupancy information is self-reported, and is not audited by the NYSDOH.
For more information, check out http://nursinghomes.nyhealth.gov/, or go to the "About" tab.
- Community Rating
Current value: 0.0 out of 5
- Your Rating
- beds, census, nursing homes, occupancy
- Row Count
- Data Provided By
- New York State Department of Health
- Source Link
- Office of Health Systems Management
- Time Period
- 04/01/2009 - Most Recent Submittal
- Posting Frequency
- Data Frequency
- Dataset Owner
- Nursing Home and ICF/MR Surveillance
- The survey has allowed the nursing home surveillance program to: 1.) Improve the coordination of nursing home placements in the event of a closure or emergency situation within a community; and 2.) Create a consistent and efficient mechanism for long term care stakeholders to collect and report on nursing home bed availability. Researchers may use the data to help assist in evaluating: 1.) Occupancy Rates by Region/County; 2.) Bed Availability; and 3.) Evaluate Bed and Specialty Bed Needs.
- Information is self-reported, and is not audited by the NYSDOH.
- Health, Department of