- Subscribe via RSS
- Share via Facebook
- Share via Twitter
- Export To CSV
- Export To XLS
- Export To XLSX
Managed Care Utilization: Emergency Room Visits by Age Group and Payer :2013
This is a chart based on Managed Care Plan Utilization Data: Beginning 2009.
|Row number||Measurement year||Payer||Plan ID||Plan Name||Measure||Measure Description||Age Category||Gender||Rate||Percentile 10th||Percentile 25th||Percentile 50th||Percentile 75th||Percentile 90th||Level of Significance||Membermonths||Events||Days|
|1||2013||Commercial HMO||1000001||Statewide||ER Visits||Emergency Room Visits||Age 0-19||Both genders||188||8207920||128761|
|2||2013||Commercial HMO||1000001||Statewide||ER Visits||Emergency Room Visits||Age 20 or older||Both genders||185||27789978||427853|
|3||2013||Commercial PPO||1000001||Statewide||ER Visits||Emergency Room Visits||Age 20 or older||Both genders||180||42260988||634799|
|4||2013||Commercial PPO||1000001||Statewide||ER Visits||Emergency Room Visits||Age 0-19||Both genders||176||13050225||191157|
|5||2013||Medicaid Managed Care||1000001||Statewide||ER Visits||Emergency Room Visits||Age 20 or older||Both genders||647||24708172||1331248|
|6||2013||Medicaid Managed Care||1000001||Statewide||ER Visits||Emergency Room Visits||Age 0-19||Both genders||486||24901116||1007500|
created Mar 29, 2013
updated Mar 10, 2015
The column chart illustrates the statewide rates of emergency room visits by age group and payer. The chart uses statewide average rates of all insurance plans.
For more information please visit http://www.health.ny.gov/health_care/managed_care/reports/quality_performance_improvement.htm#link5 , or go to the "About" tab.
- Community Rating
Current value: 0.0 out of 5
- Your Rating
- managed care, qarr, plan performance report, medicaid access, utilization, quality-safety-costs
- Row Count
- Data Provided By
- New York State Department of Health
- Source Link
- Office of Quality and Patient Safety/Division of Quality Evaluation
- Time Period
- Beginning 2009
- Posting Frequency
- Data Frequency
- Dataset Owner
- Bureau of Quality Measurement and Improvement
- Health Plan
- Percentage, rate per 1000 member year
- This dataset allows the public to understand the frequency of certain services provided by a health plan performed in the areas of outpatient, inpatient, mental health, alcohol and other drug, selected procedures, and antibiotic prescriptions. It compares types of insurances across a standardized national measurement set. And it represents information about the utilization of health care being delivered by providers across the health care delivery system (inpatient and outpatient services) for people insured by managed care health plans.
- Utilization measures are designed to capture the frequency of certain services provided by health plans. NCQA does not view higher or lower services counts as better or worse performance. Plans with fewer than 30 eligible events are excluded from the statistical calculations of the percentiles.
- Health, Department of