- Subscribe via RSS
- Share via Facebook
- Share via Twitter
- Export To CSV
- Export To XLS
- Export To XLSX
Hospital Inpatient Discharges by Patient County of Residence and Year (SPARCS): Beginning 2009
This is a chart based on Hospital Inpatient Discharges by Patient County of Residence (SPARCS): Beginning 2009.
|Row number||Patient County of Residence||Discharge Year||Yearly Rank by Volume||Number of Discharges|
|13||New York (Manhattan)||2009||4||216854|
|14||New York (Manhattan)||2010||4||208349|
|15||New York (Manhattan)||2012||4||200991|
|17||New York (Manhattan)||2011||4||198503|
|37||Richmond (Staten Island)||2011||10||69299|
|38||Richmond (Staten Island)||2010||10||67366|
|39||Richmond (Staten Island)||2009||10||66760|
|40||Richmond (Staten Island)||2012||10||64052|
created Feb 19, 2013
updated Oct 08, 2013
This chart displays the total number of inpatient discharges by the patient county of residence and discharge year for the counties with the largest number of discharges. To view a County that is not included in the initial visualization, explore the different filter conditions. To expand the view from the initial categories shown, you may uncheck the preselected filter and choose your own parameters. The chart is based on data collected on patients and hospital discharges in the Statewide Planning and Research Cooperative System (SPARCS). The SPARCS data has been divided into two distinct datasets, Hospital Discharges by Patient County of Residence and Hospital Discharges by Facility to preserve the confidentiality of identifiable individual information. This dataset does not include facility names. For additional information, check out http://www.health.ny.gov/statistics/sparcs/ or go to the "About" tab.
- Community Rating
Current value: 0.0 out of 5
- Your Rating
- sparcs, patient, hospital
- Row Count
- Data Provided By
- New York State Department of Health
- Source Link
- Office of Quality and Patient Safety
- Time Period
- Beginning 2009
- Posting Frequency
- Data Frequency
- Dataset Owner
- Bureau of Outcomes Research
- Number of Discharges
- Average Length of Stay in Days
- SPARCS is a major management tool used to assist hospitals, agencies, and health care organizations with decision making regarding financial planning and monitoring of inpatient and ambulatory services and costs. It contains eight searchable variables which can be used to report the total number of discharges and the average length of stay. The use of this dataset allows the replication of many tables in the SPARCS Annual Report.
- *** Please be aware that a known issue within the Health Data NY platform may cause the information displayed across the X-axis to not appear in the intended order when the sorting/filtering feature is used to create a chart using this dataset. The issue is currently being addressed. As soon as the issue is resolved, all current charts generated by the New York State Health Department will be recreated to display correctly. Please note that the actual data presented in the dataset is correct.
- Not all hospitals are shown in the initial visualization display. To expand the display, explore the different filter options.The SPARCS data has been divided into two distinct datasets, Hospital Discharges by Patient County of Residence and Hospital Discharges by Facility to preserve the confidentiality of identifiable individual information. This dataset does not include facility names.
- Health, Department of