created Jan 30, 2013
updated May 21, 2015
The column chart shows the top baby first names for 2013
. The default filter settings show the top baby names for both males and females. To view the top baby names for a specific gender, change the gender filter. Adjusting the gender filters determines how many names will appear in the chart.
Filtering by a count that is too high or too low, may produce unexpected results.
For more information, go to http://www.health.ny.gov/statistics/vital_statistics/, or go to the "About" tab.
- Community Rating
Current value: 0.0 out of 5
- Your Rating
- baby, names, consumer resources, births-deaths-other facts
- Row Count
- Data Provided By
- New York State Department of Health
- Source Link
- Division of Administration - Vital Statistics
- Time Period
- Beginning 2007
- Posting Frequency
- Data Frequency
- Dataset Owner
- Bureau of Biometrics and Health Statistics
- First Name
- First Name
- Baby names are aggregated and displayed by the year, county or borough where the mother resided as stated on a New York State or New York City (NYC) birth certificate.The frequency of the Baby Name is listed, if there are: 5 or more of the same baby name in a county outside of NYC; or 10 or more of the same baby name in a NYC borough.
- Filtering by a count that is too high or too low, may produce unexpected results.
- Health, Department of