created Jan 29, 2013
updated Jun 10, 2016
This dataset is a summary of hospital inpatient discharges from every hospital including Article 28 facilities; Ambulatory Surgery and Emergency Department visits, from the Statewide Planning and Research Cooperative System (SPARCS). The data is rolled up by patient county of residence. This dataset was modified in September 2013 to be in sync with the release of the Hospital Inpatient Discharges (SPARCS De-Identified) datasets. Please refer to the data dictionary for information on the current data available.
The SPARCS data has been divided into two distinct datasets: Hospital Discharges by Patient County of Residence and Hospital Discharges by Facility. This is to preserve the confidentiality of identifiable individual information.This dataset does not include facility names.
For more information, check out http://www.health.ny.gov/statistics/sparcs/. The "About" tab contains additional details concerning this dataset.
- Community Rating
Current value: 0.0 out of 5
- Your Rating
- sparcs, patient, hospital, residence county, dsrip, quality, safety & costs
- Row Label
- Row Count
- Data Provided By
- New York State Department of Health
- Source Link
- Office of Quality and Patient Safety
- Time Period
- Beginning 2009
- Posting Frequency
- Data Frequency
- Dataset Owner
- Bureau of Outcomes Research
- Number of Discharges
- Average Length of Stay in Days
- SPARCS is a major management tool used to assist hospitals, agencies, and health care organizations with decision making regarding financial planning and monitoring of inpatient and ambulatory services and costs. It contains eight searchable variables which can be used to report the total number of discharges and the average length of stay. The use of this dataset allows the replication of many tables in the SPARCS Annual Report.
- The SPARCS data has been divided into two distinct datasets, Hospital Discharges by Patient County of Residence and Hospital Discharges by Facility, to preserve the confidentiality of identifiable individual information.
- Health, Department of
- County Filter