created Jan 29, 2013
updated Jun 10, 2016
The Statewide Planning and Research Cooperative System (SPARCS) is a comprehensive data reporting system which collects patient level detail on patient characteristics, diagnoses, treatments, services, and charges for every hospital discharge from an Article 28 facility; ambulatory surgery discharges from hospital-based ambulatory surgery centers and all other facilities providing ambulatory surgery services; and emergency department visits in New York State. This dataset is a summary of the SPARCS inpatient discharge data. This dataset was modified in September 2013 to be in sync with the release of the Hospital Inpatient Discharges (SPARCS De- Identified) datasets. Please refer to the data dictionary for information on the current data available.
The SPARCS data has been divided into two distinct datasets, Hospital Discharges by Patient County of Residence and Hospital Discharges by Facility to preserve the confidentiality of identifiable individual information.
For more information check out http://www.health.ny.gov/statistics/sparcs/. The "About" tab contains additional details concerning this dataset.
- Community Rating
Current value: 0.0 out of 5
- Your Rating
- sparcs, hospital, quality-safety-costs
- Row Label
- Row Count
- Data Provided By
- New York State Department of Health
- Source Link
- Office of Quality and Patient Safety
- Time Period
- Beginning 2009
- Posting Frequency
- Data Frequency
- Dataset Owner
- Bureau of Outcomes Research
- Number of Discharges
- Average Length of Stay in Days
- SPARCS is a major management tool used to assist hospitals, agencies, and health care organizations with decision making regarding financial planning and monitoring of inpatient and ambulatory services and costs. It contains eight searchable variables which can be used to report the total number of discharges and the average length of stay. The use of this dataset allows the replication of many tables in the SPARCS Annual Report.
- The SPARCS data has been divided into two distinct datasets, Hospital Discharges by Patient County of Residence and Hospital Discharges by Facility to preserve the confidentiality of identifiable individual information. This dataset does not include facility names.
- Health, Department of