All Payer Hospital Inpatient Discharges: Largest Number of Discharges by Facility and Type of Insurance (SPARCS De-Identified): 2014
This is a chart based on All Payer Hospital Inpatient Discharges by Facility (SPARCS De-Identified): Beginning 2009.
|Row number||Hospital Name||Type of Insurance||Discharge Year||Yearly Rank by Volume||Number of Discharges|
|1||Mount Sinai Hospital||Commercial||2014||1||34055|
|2||New York Presbyterian Hospital - New York Weill Cornell Center||Commercial||2014||4||29453|
|3||North Shore University Hospital||Commercial||2014||2||29217|
|4||New York Presbyterian Hospital - Columbia Presbyterian Center||Commercial||2014||3||28367|
|5||Montefiore Medical Center - Henry & Lucy Moses Div||Commercial||2014||7||28343|
|6||Maimonides Medical Center||Commercial||2014||5||26943|
|7||Long Island Jewish Medical Center||Commercial||2014||6||25501|
|8||New York Methodist Hospital||Commercial||2014||9||22846|
|9||Mount Sinai Beth Israel||Commercial||2014||8||21152|
|10||North Shore University Hospital||Medicare||2014||2||18548|
|11||Mount Sinai Hospital||Medicare||2014||1||17960|
|12||Strong Memorial Hospital||Commercial||2014||10||15605|
|13||New York Presbyterian Hospital - Columbia Presbyterian Center||Medicare||2014||3||15398|
|14||New York Presbyterian Hospital - New York Weill Cornell Center||Medicare||2014||4||14698|
|15||New York Methodist Hospital||Medicare||2014||9||13812|
|16||Strong Memorial Hospital||Medicare||2014||10||13193|
|17||Maimonides Medical Center||Medicare||2014||5||12737|
|18||Mount Sinai Beth Israel||Medicare||2014||8||12580|
|19||Long Island Jewish Medical Center||Medicare||2014||6||11276|
|20||Strong Memorial Hospital||Medicaid||2014||10||10070|
|21||Montefiore Medical Center - Henry & Lucy Moses Div||Medicare||2014||7||6954|
|22||Mount Sinai Beth Israel||Medicaid||2014||8||4910|
|23||Montefiore Medical Center - Henry & Lucy Moses Div||Medicaid||2014||7||4381|
|24||New York Presbyterian Hospital - Columbia Presbyterian Center||Medicaid||2014||3||3389|
|25||Mount Sinai Hospital||Medicaid||2014||1||3359|
|26||Long Island Jewish Medical Center||Medicaid||2014||6||3231|
|27||Maimonides Medical Center||Medicaid||2014||5||3032|
|28||New York Methodist Hospital||Medicaid||2014||9||2510|
|29||New York Presbyterian Hospital - New York Weill Cornell Center||Medicaid||2014||4||1943|
|30||North Shore University Hospital||Medicaid||2014||2||1375|
|31||Mount Sinai Beth Israel||Other||2014||8||1199|
|32||New York Presbyterian Hospital - New York Weill Cornell Center||Other||2014||4||1075|
|33||New York Presbyterian Hospital - Columbia Presbyterian Center||Other||2014||3||781|
|34||Mount Sinai Hospital||Other||2014||1||725|
|35||Long Island Jewish Medical Center||Other||2014||6||638|
|36||Maimonides Medical Center||Other||2014||5||482|
|37||New York Methodist Hospital||Other||2014||9||466|
|38||Strong Memorial Hospital||Other||2014||10||402|
|39||Montefiore Medical Center - Henry & Lucy Moses Div||Other||2014||7||399|
|40||North Shore University Hospital||Other||2014||2||86|
created Feb 22, 2013
updated Jun 10, 2016
This chart displays the total number of inpatient discharges per hospital by type of insurance for the hospitals with the largest number of discharges.
The chart is based on data collected on patients and hospital discharges in the Statewide Planning and Research Cooperative System (SPARCS).
Not all hospitals are shown in the initial visualization display. To expand the display, explore the different filter options.
The SPARCS data has been divided into two distinct datasets, Hospital Discharges by Patient County of Residence and Hospital Discharges by Facility to preserve the confidentiality of identifiable individual information.
This dataset includes the facility names.
For more information check out http://www.health.ny.gov/statistics/sparcs/. The "About" tab contains additional details concerning this dataset.
- Community Rating
Current value: 0.0 out of 5
- Your Rating
- sparcs, hospital, quality-safety-costs
- Row Count
- Data Provided By
- New York State Department of Health
- Source Link
- Office of Quality and Patient Safety
- Time Period
- Beginning 2009
- Posting Frequency
- Data Frequency
- Dataset Owner
- Bureau of Outcomes Research
- Number of Discharges
- Average Length of Stay in Days
- SPARCS is a major management tool used to assist hospitals, agencies, and health care organizations with decision making regarding financial planning and monitoring of inpatient and ambulatory services and costs. It contains eight searchable variables which can be used to report the total number of discharges and the average length of stay. The use of this dataset allows the replication of many tables in the SPARCS Annual Report.
- *** Please be aware that a known issue within the Health Data NY platform may cause the information displayed across the X-axis to not appear in the intended order when the sorting/filtering feature is used to create a chart using this dataset. The issue is currently being addressed. As soon as the issue is resolved, all current charts generated by the New York State Health Department will be recreated to display correctly. Please note that the actual data presented in the dataset is correct.
- Not all hospitals are shown in the initial visualization display. To expand the display, explore the different filter options.The SPARCS data has been divided into two distinct datasets, Hospital Discharges by Patient County of Residence and Hospital Discharges by Facility to preserve the confidentiality of identifiable individual information. This dataset includes the facility names.
- Health, Department of